High Yield Topic on Zollinger Ellison Syndrome
Zollinger Ellison Syndrome Important Points for NEET PG and USMLE Exam Preparation
Zollinger Ellison Syndrome :
Some very important high yield points regarding ZES are
1. If any patient has recurrent history of Gastro Esophageal Reflux disease and there is no history of any NSAIDs intake or H.pylori test is negative , suspect ZES.
2. ZES syndrome is characterized by Hypergastrinemia.
3. ZES Triad- Severe Peptic ulcer, Gastric Acid Hypersecretion, Non Beta Islet Cell tumour,
4. The Gastrinoma tumours are usually located in Gastrinoma triangle.
5. Severe Peptic ulcer disease and diarrhea are two main symptoms of ZES.
6. How to establish diagnosis of ZES- Serum Gastrin levels are raised, Measurement of Basal Acid Output ( > 15meq/h) and Secretin Provocative test which is the most specific and sensitive provocative test for making diagnosis of ZES.
7. Ratio of BAO/MAO is more than 0.6 in ZES
8. Proton Pump Inhibitors are the mainstay of Medical therapy for ZES.
So we advise all students to prepare this topic of Zollinger Ellison Syndrome for NEET PG Exam Preparation.
Stay tuned for more topics and bookmark our website for regular High yield NEET PG Exam Topics .
Our website is www.pgmedexam.com
If you have any query, you can send email at
TEAM NEET PG Quiz
Some other important high yield topics for NEET PG Exam are given below: